For the first time ever, Troop 9 will be selling Christmas Trees on the grounds of our Chartered Rep, St. Mary's Episcopal Church. Read more
Buses will replace weekend trains between Ronkonkoma and Brentwood Saturday, Nov. 9, and Sunday, Nov. 10, as LIRR crews install concrete rail ties to ensure a smoother ride and improve service reliability. Read more
- Arby’s Opens—then Town Shuts it Down!
- Car Smashes Into, Destroys Security Booth at Sachem HS East
- SUNY Empire State College Celebrates Grand Opening of Long Island Campus in Selden
- Car Flips Onto Side after Accident in Holbrook
- Middle Country Road Crash Takes Out Utility Pole and Signs, Police Believe the Driver Had a Medical Emergency
- VIDEO: Arby’s Opens!
- Pedestrian Hit, Sunrise Highway Closed
- Holbrook ATV Rider Seriously Injured After Falling Off Vehicle
- DA: Contractor Arrested for Alleged Theft of $6.6K from Town of Brookhaven
- Construction Begins for New ‘Texas Roadhouse’ Restaurant, Replacing Long-Vacant Ruby Tuesday
On Saturday, Nov. 9 starting at 12 a.m. (midnight) and continuing through Monday, Nov. 11 at 12:30 a.m., the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) will perform concrete tie installation by Pond Avenue, Ronkonkoma on the Mainline. Read more
The Sachem Swim Club will have an open house for new members. Read more
Suffolk County Legislator Tom Muratore recently attended a Victorian Tea hosted by the Lake Ronkonkoma Historical Society. The tea took place in a beautiful house called The Maples on Pond Road in Lake Ronkonkoma. Read more
New York State Assemblyman Doug Smith (5th AD) recently spoke to Boy Scout Troops from Sachem and Connetquot about state and local government. Read more
- Offensive lineman Lutovsky commits to Nebraska
- Luben commits to walk on at Nebraska
- 10 @ 10: Hawks living high off the hog
- Ariana Grande's illness '10 times worse'
- Jennifer Lopez worked for 'free' on Hustlers
- Kim Kardashian West talked with Rodney Reed about 'family'
- Kate Hudson is a 'super-mum'
- Westlife turned down lunch with Claudia Schiffer
Recognizing October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Legislator Tom Muratore encourages all women to protect their health by scheduling a mammogram. Read more
The Town of Brookhaven will hold a Free Residential Waste Disposal Week from Monday, Oct. 7 to Saturday, Oct. 12. Read more
Join the Farmingville Residents Association for its Annual Fall Flea Market Sunday, Sept. 29. Vendor opportunities are still available. Read more
With autumn now upon us, homeowners will be closing their pools for the season and seeking ways to dispose of old chemicals safely. Read more
On Thursday, Oct. 10, the Division of Economic Development’s Brookhaven Business Advisory Council (BBAC) will present its 15th Annual “Building Business in Brookhaven” Expo at Town Hall from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. Read more
The Town of Brookhaven Animal Shelter named him Perry. Perry the dog was found on Waverly Avenue in Holtsville, the Animal Shelter announced Sept. 19. Read more
Legislator Tom Muratore urges parents to discuss helpful tips with their children to insure a safer ride on the school bus. Read more
Suffolk PAL presented Suffolk County Legislator Tom Muratore with a plaque of appreciation for his support in the community and young athletes. Read more
As students returned to school this week, Assemblyman Doug Smith’s 1-year-old daughter, Sophie, signed up for her first library card at the Sachem Public Library in Holbrook to help kick-off “Library Card Sign-Up Month.” Read more
Town of Brookhaven Councilwoman Jane Bonner is teaming up with “Cell Phones For Soldiers” to provide cost-free communication services and emergency funding to active-duty military members and veterans. Read more
Suffolk County Comptroller John M. Kennedy Jr. shared this handy tip sheet of who's who in Suffolk County government when a resident has a question. Read more
Hurricane season is here, and Brookhaven Town Supervisor Ed Romaine reminds residents that the 2019 Hurricane Survival Guide is now available. Read more
The Town of Islip Town Board will hold its Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 27, beginning at 6:00 p.m. The meeting agenda includes two items for Holbrook. Read more
The 2019 Atlantic hurricane season continues through Nov. 30. Suffolk County Legislator Tom Muratore reminds residents of hurricane preparedness. Read more
To mark the 29th anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Brookhaven Town Supervisor Ed Romaine recently visited the office of the Suffolk Independent Living Organization (SILO) in Holtsville. Read more