...GALE WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 6 PM
* WHAT...Northwest winds 20 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt and
seas 4 to 7 feet on expected on the ocean waters and eastern
Long Island Sound.
* WHERE...The south shore and eastern bays of Long Island as well
as Long Island Sound East of New Haven CT/Port Jefferson NY.
* WHEN...From 4 PM this afternoon to 6 PM EST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Strong winds will cause hazardous seas which could
capsize or damage vessels and reduce visibility.
Mariners should alter plans to avoid these hazardous conditions.
Remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or secure the
vessel for severe conditions.
...WIND ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 10 AM
* WHAT...Northwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up 50 mph
* WHERE...Portions of northeast New Jersey, southern Connecticut
and southeast New York.
* WHEN...From 4 PM this afternoon to 10 AM EST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Due to snow melt and recent rainfall some
tree root systems may be somewhat compromised potentially
leading to some uprooted trees.
Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high
profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.