(OnSachem.com / OnTownMedia.com) — SCOPE Education Services is now offering free school-age child care services to children of first responders, medical personnel and essential services personnel in both Suffolk and Nassau counties. Locally in the Sachem Central School District, the program is offered at Nokomis Elementary School, 151 Holbrook Road, Holbrook.
School-age child care services will be provided Monday through Friday from 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m. for children ages 4-12 in grades Pre-K-6. While some programs have already started, the remaining programs will begin on Monday, March 23.
Families, in need of child care services and meeting the criteria of first responders, medical personnel and essential services personnel, must register before bringing children to participate in this program. Registration is first come first served. Children residing within these school districts will be given priority. Children residing outside of these school districts may also attend these programs. Additional locations may be added at a later date. To register visit the SCOPE Education Services website at www.scopeonline.us. Registration is open all weekend for childcare to begin on Monday.
“SCOPE is pleased to be able to provide this much needed service to those who are serving on the front lines during this health crisis,” stated SCOPE Executive Director/CEO George Duffy. “Knowing their children are being cared for in a safe and welcoming environment provides the peace of mind needed while they are working.”
School-Age Child Care Services in Suffolk County
Programs are offered in the following school districts: Babylon, Commack, Connetquot, Deer Park, Harborfields, Hauppauge, Huntington, Lindenhurst, Middle Country, Miller Place, Northport/East Northport and Sachem.
This program was developed in collaboration with the Suffolk County School Superintendents Association, Eastern Suffolk BOCES, Western Suffolk BOCES, and the Suffolk County Executive’s office.
School-Age Child Care Services in Nassau County
Programs are offered in the following school districts: East Meadow, Garden City, Island Trees, Syosset, Uniondale and Wantagh.
This program was developed in collaboration with the Nassau County Council of School Superintendents and Nassau BOCES.
For more information, visit www.scopeonline.us.
Here is the full list of specific school locations:
• Babylon / Babylon Elementary
• Commack / Sawmill
• Connetquot / Cherokee School
• Deer Park / JFK
• East Meadow / Bowling Green
• Garden City / Stewart (Residents who are First Responders or Medical Personnel ONLY)
• Great Neck / Lakeville (Residents who are First Responders of Medical Personnel ONLY)
• Harborfields / TJ Lahey
• Hauppauge / Pines
• Hicksville / Old Country Road
• Huntington / Jefferson
• Island Trees / Sparke
• Lindenhurst / Albany Avenue School
• Middle Country / Jericho School
• Miller Place / Andrew Muller
• Northport / Pulaski Road
• Sachem / Nokomis School
• Sayville / Lincoln (Residents who are First Responders or Medical Personnel ONLY)
• Seaford / Manor (Residents who are First Responders or Medical Personnel ONLY)
• Syosset / Baylis
• Uniondale / California Ave.
• Valley Stream 24 / Brooklyn Ave (Residents who are First Responders of Medical Personnel ONLY)
• Wantagh / Wantagh Elementary
• West Hempstead / G. Washington (Residents who are First Responders of Medical Personnel ONLY)