LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY — We all know that every minute counts when you are getting ready for the work in the morning. Some riders of the Long Island Rail Road will have to adjust their morning routines by a few minutes to ensure they make their train.
New timetables go into effect for all LIRR branches beginning Monday, Nov. 11, and continue through Sunday, Jan. 5, 2020. The new timetables contain Peak and Off-Peak service adjustments to accommodate track work, infrastructure improvements and efforts to address service impacts from fall leaf season, the LIRR announced.
Ronkonkoma Branch – Peak Changes
Several AM Peak trains on the Ronkonkoma Branch will operate on slightly adjusted schedules east of Hicksville to account for reduced speeds in areas prone to slippery rail/low-adhesion conditions. Trains will arrive at western terminals at their normal times. The affected trains are:
• The 5:25 a.m. train from Greenport to Ronkonkoma will depart 6 minutes earlier and arrive in Ronkonkoma 3 minutes earlier.
• The 6:51 a.m. westbound train from Ronkonkoma will depart 3 minutes earlier at 6:48 a.m., departing earlier from stations through Bethpage.
• The 7:51 a.m. westbound train from Farmingdale to Penn Station will depart 1 minute earlier at 7:50 a.m., departing earlier from Farmingdale and Bethpage stations.
• The 7:32 a.m. westbound train from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station will depart 3 minutes earlier at 7:29 a.m., departing earlier from stations through Farmingdale.
In addition, some midday and PM Peak trains were restored to their prior schedule following the completion of concrete tie installation work:
• The 2:00 p.m. train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will depart 14 minutes later, at 2:14 p.m.
• The 4:54 p.m. train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will depart 7 minutes later, at 5:01 p.m.
• The 5:01 p.m. train from Penn Station to Farmingdale will depart 7 minutes earlier, at 4:54 p.m.
For information about changes on other LIRR branches, visit this page on the LIRR website.