During an investigation by Sixth Squad detectives into a string of burglaries involving copper being stolen from vacant homes, detectives identified Christopher DelRio and Daniel Voisin as suspects in several of the burglaries, police said. Detectives were able to match a Kia Sedan owned by a family member of Voisin to one described by witnesses at the scenes, according to police.
Following the investigation, police said DelRio was arrested at approximately 7:15 a.m. on June 28 on College Road in Selden and Voisin was arrested on Motor Parkway in Hauppauge at approximately 11:45 a.m. on June 28.
DelRio was charged with allegedly stealing copper from homes on the following streets:
- Dare Road, Selden, May 2
- Highview Drive, Selden, May 13
- Pine Road, Coram, sometime between June 9 and June 12
- Teller Avenue, Coram, June 19
DelRio and Voisin were charged with allegedly stealing copper from homes on the following streets:
- Falcon Avenue, Centereach, sometime between June 8 and June 11
- Sipp Avenue, Medford, sometime between June 10 and June 13
- Samantha Drive, Coram, June 14
- West Street, Gordon Heights, June 23
- Inwood Avenue, Selden, sometime between June 1 and June 8
DelRio, 28, was charged with nine counts of Burglary 3rd Degree. and Voisin, 27, was charged with five counts of Burglary 3rd Degree. DelRio and Voisin were arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip earlier today.