LAKE RONKONKOMA, NY — Suffolk County Police arrested a man for allegedly abusing three dogs at his Lake Ronkonkoma residence last night, Friday, Nov. 1.
Police charged Thomas Benjamin, 56, with two counts of Animal Cruelty under the New York State Agricultural Law.
OnSachem’s Jim Green has this report from outside 9 Avenue J, Apt. A, where police say the alleged animal cruelty occurred.
Jim Green is the publisher/founder of OnSachem.com & OnTownMedia.com. He and his wife, Charlotte, are longtime Sachem residents and their two sons attend Sachem Schools. OnSachem.com serves Farmingville, Holbrook, Holtsville, Lake Grove & Lake Ronkonkoma.
As featured on
- Police investigate home break-in and baseball bat attack in Holbrook
- Long Island will begin reopening tomorrow: Cuomo
- Meet the candidates: OnSachem profiles residents running for the Board of Education
- Frontier Airlines adds new routes from MacArthur Airport in Ronkonkoma
- Law enforcement announce arrests of 15 individuals in takedown of alleged multi-million dollar drug trafficking ring
- VIDEO: Family deals—plus ‘adult pouches’—to enjoy a terrific meal from Karvers Grille in Holbrook
- Long Island 'on track' to open on Wednesday: Cuomo
- Matthew Baumann, candidate for Sachem Schools Board of Education
- Help wanted: 'Contact Tracers' needed for Long Island
- VIDEO: Missing for 20 years, Suffolk Police today announced ID of Gilgo Beach victim